Last July 29, 2020, Concerned Online Citizens – social media personalities, bloggers, artists, professionals even students who use the internet and social media to speak on issues of public concern in filed a petition to strike down as unconstitutional the Anti-Terror Law.
- Let’s fight for our rights both online and offline
- The Bill of Rights should apply everywhere, including the internet
- Free expression should be protected across frontiers and the media we use
- There should be no threats and no terrorist-tagging of citizens expressing themselves online and offline
- 73 million online Filipinos should be protected
- The people should not be afraid of government. The government should be afraid of its people.
- Cybercrime Law noon, terror law ngayon
- Kung walang ginagawang mali, bakit takot ang gobyerno sa placards at Facebook posts
I am humbled and privileged to join some of the biggest names on social media today:
& Aling Marie
Below is a fully copy of our petition.
We wish we could have added more, however time & the restrictions of the on-going community quarantine have prevented us from doing so.
Follow & interact with all of each of us, we are eager to hear from you as well especially if you have experienced harassment or being attacked online for speaking up. Together, we will defend and fight for our rights be online or offline.
Leave a Reply